DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-3021 Butchers and Meat Cutters
Occupational Description:Cut, trim, or prepare consumer-sized portions of meat for use or sale in retail establishments.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 6W- Upper Minnesota Valley||30||15||$14.34/hr||$1.05/hr||$12.00/hr||$12.82/hr||$14.16/hr||$16.09/hr||$17.72/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||90||$9.82/hr||N/A|
|Cooks, Fast Food||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Tasks for Butchers and Meat Cutters
- Cuts, trims, bones, ties, and grinds meats, such as beef, pork, poultry, and fish, to prepare meat in cooking form.
- Records quantity of meat received and issued to cooks.
- Estimates requirements and requisitions or orders meat supply.
- Shapes, laces, and ties roasts, using boning knife, skewer, and twine.
- Wraps and weighs meat for customers and collects money for sales.
- Receives, inspects, and stores meat upon delivery.
- Places meat on trays in display counter.