DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-8012 Power Distributors and Dispatchers
Occupational Description:Coordinate, regulate, or distribute electricity or steam.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||N/A||N/A||$35.23/hr||$3.02/hr||$30.22/hr||$31.53/hr||$33.72/hr||$35.91/hr||$41.41/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers||1,680||$18.24/hr||N/A|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||440||$21.02/hr||N/A|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||130||$24.77/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Power Distributors and Dispatchers
- Controls and operates equipment to regulate or distribute electricity or steam, according to data provided by recording or indicating instruments or computers.
- Monitors switchboard and control board to ensure equipment operation and electrical and steam distribution.
- Compiles and records operational data, such as chart and meter readings, power demands, and usage and operating time.
- Notifies workers or utilities of electrical and steam distribution process changes.
- Tends auxiliary equipment used in the power distribution process.
- Repairs, maintains, and cleans equipment and machines, using hand tools.
- Inspects equipment to ensure specifications are met and to detect defects.
- Directs activities of personnel engaged in the controlling and operating of electrical distribution equipment and machinery.
- Calculates and determines load estimates or equipment requirements to control electrical distribution equipment or stations.
- Adjusts controls to regulate the flow of power between generating stations, substations, and distribution lines.
- Turns and moves controls to adjust and activate power distribution equipment and machines.