DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-9022 Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
Occupational Description:Grind, sand, or polish, using hand tools or hand-held power tools, a variety of metal, wood, stone, clay, plastic, or glass objects. Includes chippers, buffers, and finishers.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7W- Central||50||12||$17.78/hr||$0.54/hr||$13.48/hr||$15.75/hr||$17.60/hr||$19.90/hr||$22.54/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||710||$18.77/hr||N/A|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||420||$15.64/hr||N/A|
|Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic||N/A||$21.15/hr||N/A|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||N/A||$20.43/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Grinds, sands, cleans, or polishes objects or parts, using hand tools or equipment.
- Applies solutions and chemicals to equipment, objects, or parts, using hand tools.
- Measures and marks equipment, objects, or parts, to ensure grinding and polishing standards are met.
- Records product and processing data on specified forms.
- Transfers equipment, objects, or parts, to specified work areas, using moving devices.
- Sharpens abrasive grinding tools, using machines and hand tools.
- Repairs and maintains equipment, objects, or parts, using hand tools.
- Removes workpiece from equipment or work table, using hand tools.
- Moves controls to adjust, start, or stop equipment during grinding and polishing process.
- Trims, scrapes or deburrs objects or parts, using hand tools or equipment.
- Selects, loads, and adjusts workpiece or abrasive parts onto equipment or worktable, using hand tools.
- Observes and inspects equipment, objects, or parts, to ensure specifications are met.