DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-9051 Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
Occupational Description:Operate or tend heating equipment other than basic metal, plastic, or food processing equipment. Includes activities, such as annealing glass, drying lumber, curing rubber, removing moisture from materials, or boiling soap.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 6W- Upper Minnesota Valley||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Tasks for Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Loads equipment receptacle or conveyor with material to be processed, manually or using hoist.
- Weighs or measures specified amount of material or substance to be processed, using devices such as scales and calipers.
- Removes product from equipment, manually or using hoist, and prepares for storage, shipment, or additional processing.
- Reads and interprets work orders and instructions to determine work assignment, process specifications, and production schedule.
- Transports materials and products to and from work area, manually or using cart, handtruck, or hoist.
- Confers with supervisor or other equipment operators to report equipment malfunction or resolve problems resulting from process changes.
- Records gauge readings, test results, and shift production in log book.
- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts equipment, using items such as scrapers, solvents, airhose, oil, and hand tools.
- Replaces worn or defective equipment parts, using hand tools.
- Examines or tests sample of processed substance, or collects sample for laboratory testing, to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Stops equipment and clears blockages or jams, using fingers, wire, or hand tools.
- Presses and adjusts controls to activate, set, and regulate equipment operation according to specifications.
- Monitors equipment operation, gauges, and panel lights to detect deviation from standards.