DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-9193 Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
Occupational Description:Operate or tend equipment, such as cooling and freezing units, refrigerators, batch freezers, and freezing tunnels, to cool or freeze products, food, blood plasma, and chemicals.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 10 - Southeast||40||13||$13.46/hr||$1.00/hr||$9.94/hr||$10.64/hr||$11.76/hr||$14.24/hr||$21.23/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||280||$17.40/hr||N/A|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||260||$19.24/hr||N/A|
|Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, & Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, &Tenders, Metal & Plastic||160||$15.56/hr||N/A|
|Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||130||$18.44/hr||N/A|
|Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders||110||$20.17/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Flushes lines with solutions or steam to clean and sterilize equipment.
- Draws sample of product and tests for specific gravity, acidity, or sugar content, using hydrometer, pH meter, or refractometer.
- Stirs material with spoon or paddle to mix ingredients or allow even cooling and prevent coagulation.
- Inserts forming fixture, and starts machine that cuts frozen product into measured portions or specified shapes.
- Assembles or attaches pipes, fittings, or valves, using hand tools.
- Adjusts machine or freezer speed and air intake to obtain desired consistency and amount of product.
- Starts equipment to blend contents or mix with air to prevent sticking to vat.
- Monitors pressure gauges, flowmeters, thermometers, or product, and adjusts controls to maintain specified conditions.
- Positions molds on conveyor, and measures and adjusts level of fill, using depth gauge.
- Starts pumps, agitators, and conveyors, and turns valves to admit or transfer product, refrigerant, or mix.
- Measures or weighs specified amounts of ingredients or material, and adds into tanks, vats, or equipment.
- Places or positions containers into equipment and removes container after cooling or freezing process.
- Records temperatures, amount of materials processed, or test results on report form.
- Loads and positions wrapping paper, sticks, bags, or cartons into dispensing machines, and removes jammed sticks, using pliers or picks.
- Cleans, maintains, and repairs machines.
- Scrapes, dislodges, or breaks excess frost or ice from equipment.