DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-3011 Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians
Occupational Description:Drive ambulance or assist ambulance driver in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons. Assist in lifting patients.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||13,990||$13.75/hr||N/A|
|Bus Drivers, School||6,510||$16.03/hr||N/A|
|Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity||2,190||N/A||N/A|
|Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs||2,180||$12.03/hr||N/A|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||1,040||$18.99/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians
- Transports sick or injured persons to hospital, or convalescents to destination, avoiding sudden motions detrimental to patients.
- Changes equipment to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Replaces supplies and disposable items on ambulance.
- Places patients on stretcher and loads stretcher into ambulance, usually with help of ambulance attendant.
- Administers first aid as needed.
- Reports facts concerning accident or emergency to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.