DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-3021 Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity
Occupational Description:Drive bus or motor coach, including regular route operations, charters, and private carriage. May assist passengers with baggage. May collect fares or tickets.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||N/A||N/A||$18.84/hr||$1.39/hr||$12.57/hr||$13.83/hr||$18.57/hr||$23.97/hr||$27.33/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Truck Drivers, Light or Delivery Services||7,830||$17.37/hr||N/A|
|Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators||4,460||$17.73/hr||N/A|
|Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs||1,540||$12.68/hr||N/A|
|Cargo and Freight Agents||980||$18.54/hr||N/A|
|Couriers and Messengers||690||$13.14/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity
- Drives vehicle over specified route or to specified destination according to time schedule to transport passengers, complying with traffic regulations.
- Parks vehicle at loading area for passengers to board.
- Regulates heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
- Records cash receipts and ticket fares.
- Reports delays or accidents.
- Inspects vehicle, and checks gas, oil, and water before departure.
- Makes minor repairs to vehicle and changes tires.
- Advises passengers to be seated and orderly while on vehicle.
- Loads and unloads baggage in baggage compartment.
- Assists passengers with baggage and collects tickets or cash fares.