DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-6031 Service Station Attendants
Occupational Description:Service automobiles, buses, trucks, boats, and other automotive or marine vehicles with fuel, lubricants, and accessories. Collect payment for services and supplies. May lubricate vehicle, change motor oil, install antifreeze, or replace lights or other accessories, such as windshield wiper blades or fan belts. May repair or replace tires.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 3 - Arrowhead||60||23||$9.38/hr||$0.26/hr||$7.90/hr||$8.34/hr||$9.10/hr||$10.18/hr||$11.59/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||3,440||$8.69/hr||N/A|
|Food Preparation Workers||750||$10.91/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||370||$9.38/hr||N/A|
|Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants||10||$8.70/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Service Station Attendants
- Fills or allows customer to fill fuel tank of vehicle with gasoline or diesel fuel to specified level.
- Installs accessories, such as air or oil filter, battery, windshield wiper blades, fan belt, or lights.
- Collects cash from customer and makes change, or charges purchases to customer's credit card.
- Greases and lubricates vehicles or specified units, such as springs, universal joints, and steering knuckles, using grease gun or spray lubricant.
- Changes, tests, and repairs or replaces tires.
- Checks air pressure in tires, levels of fuel, motor oil, and other fluids, and adds air, oil, water, and required fluids.
- Adjusts brakes, replaces spark plugs, and makes other minor repairs.
- Cleans windshield or washes and waxes vehicle.
- Sells accessories and services, such as batteries, tires, lubrication services, and safety inspections.
- Assists in arranging merchandise displays and taking inventories.
- Prepares daily report of fuel, oil, and accessories sold in service station.
- Maintains customer records and follows up periodically with telephone, mail, or personal reminders of service due.
- Cleans parking area, offices, and equipment, and removes trash.