DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-7011 Conveyor Operators and Tenders
Occupational Description:Control or tend conveyors or conveyor systems that move materials or products to and from stockpiles, processing stations, departments, or vehicles. May control speed and routing of materials or products.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7W- Central||20||8||$12.98/hr||$0.52/hr||$10.97/hr||$12.01/hr||$12.98/hr||$14.03/hr||$14.66/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, & Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, &Tenders, Metal & Plastic||130||$16.45/hr||N/A|
|Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||90||$16.70/hr||N/A|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||N/A||$20.43/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Conveyor Operators and Tenders
- Manipulates controls, levers, and valves to start pumps, auxiliary equipment, or conveyors and adjust equipment positions, speed, timing, and material flow.
- Distributes materials, supplies, and equipment to work stations, using lifts and trucks.
- Records production data, such as weight, type, quantity, and storage locations of materials, and documents equipment downtime.
- Affixes identifying information to materials or products, using hand tools.
- Collects samples of materials or products for laboratory analysis and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Weighs or measures materials and products, using scales or other measuring instruments, to verify specified tonnage and prevent overloads.
- Cleans, sterilizes, and maintains equipment, machinery, and work stations, using hand tools, shovels, brooms, chemicals, hoses, and lubricants.
- Repairs or replaces equipment components or parts such as blades, rolls, and pumps.
- Reads production and delivery schedules, and confers with supervisor to determine processing procedures.
- Loads, unloads, or adjusts materials or products on conveyors by hand or using lifts and hoists.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to prevent loss of materials or products during transit.
- Moves, assembles, and connects hoses or nozzles to material hoppers, storage tanks, conveyor sections or chutes, and pumps.
- Signals workers in other departments to move materials, products, or machinery, or notifies work stations of shipments enroute and estimated delivery times.
- Stops equipment or machinery and clears jams, using poles, bars, and hand tools, or removes damaged materials from conveyors.
- Observes conveyor operations and monitors lights, dials, and gauges to maintain specified operating levels and detect equipment malfunctions.