DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-7051 Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
Occupational Description:Operate industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site, or similar location. Excludes “Logging Equipment Operators" (45-4022).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 8 - Southwest||350||102||$12.90/hr||$0.37/hr||$10.09/hr||$10.88/hr||$12.23/hr||$14.63/hr||$17.27/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||780||$11.18/hr||N/A|
|Refuse and Recyclable Material Collectors||40||$18.95/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
- Moves controls to drive gasoline- or electric-powered trucks, cars, or tractors and transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas.
- Hooks tow trucks to trailer hitches and fastens attachments, such as graders, plows, rollers, and winch cables, to tractor, using hitchpins.
- Turns valves and opens chutes to dump, spray, or release materials from dump cars or storage bins into hoppers.
- Manually load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms, cars, or lifting devices.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight and other production data on tags or labels.
- Signals workers to discharge, dump, or level materials.
- Operates or tends automatic stacking, loading, packaging, or cutting machines.
- Performs routine maintenance on vehicles and auxiliary equipment, such as cleaning, lubricating, recharging batteries, fueling, or replacing liquefied-gas tank.
- Moves levers and controls to operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams and swivel-hooks, hoists, and elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, and stack material.
- Positions lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, and boxes, and secures material or products for transport to designated areas.