DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
45-4022 Logging Equipment Operators
Occupational Description:Drive logging tractor or wheeled vehicle equipped with one or more accessories, such as bulldozer blade, frontal shear, grapple, logging arch, cable winches, hoisting rack, or crane boom, to fell tree; to skid, load, unload, or stack logs; or to pull stumps or clear brush. Logging truck drivers are included in “Heavy and Tractor Trailer Truck Drivers” (53-3032).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment||7,060||$10.66/hr||12.1%|
|Refuse and Recyclable Material Collectors||2,450||$17.64/hr||30.5%|
|Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators||1,340||$20.18/hr||24.7%|
Tasks for Logging Equipment Operators
- Drives and maneuvers tractor and activates shear to cut and fell trees.
- Controls equipment to load, unload, or stack logs, pull stumps, and clear brush.
- Drives tractor to build or repair logging and skid roads.
- Saws felled trees into lengths.
- Gives or receives signals from coworkers to move logs.
- Controls hydraulic tractor equipped with tree clamp and boom to lift, swing, and bunch sheared trees.