DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
25-2011 Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education
Occupational Description:Instruct preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for primary school in preschool, day care center, or other child development facility. Substitute teachers are included in "Teachers and Instructors, All Other" (25-3099). May be required to hold State certification. Excludes "Childcare Workers" (39-9011) and "Special Education Teachers" (25-2050).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|Duluth-Superior MN-WI MSA||400||87||$16.44/hr||$1.32/hr||$9.76/hr||$10.84/hr||$13.72/hr||$20.11/hr||$29.19/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Social and Human Service Assistants||2,180||$13.40/hr||N/A|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||870||$50,328/yr||N/A|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||180||$50,987/yr||N/A|
|Personal and Home Care Aides||N/A||$10.25/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education
- Instructs children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth in facility, such as preschool or day care center.
- Demonstrates activity.
- Monitors individual and/or group activities to prevent accidents and promote social skills.
- Confers with parents to explain preschool program and to discuss ways they can develop their child's interest.
- Reads books to entire class or to small groups.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Administers tests to determine each child's level of development according to design of test.
- Plans instructional activities for teacher aide.
- Structures play activities to instill concepts of respect and concern for others.
- Plans individual and group activities for children, such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others, and using play equipment.