DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
29-1062 Family and General Practitioners
Occupational Description:Physicians who diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases and injuries that commonly occur in the general population. May refer patients to specialists when needed for further diagnosis or treatment.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|Fargo-Moorhead ND-MN MSA||90||23||>$94.00/hr||$8.26/hr||$61.88/hr||$73.97/hr||>$80.00/hr||>$80.00/hr||>$80.00/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
Tasks for Family and General Practitioners
- Examines or conducts tests on patient to provide information on medical condition.
- Advises patients and community concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refers patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Conducts research to study anatomy and develop or test medications, treatments, or procedures to prevent, or control disease or injury.
- Prepares reports for government or management of birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or medical status of individuals.
- Directs and coordinates activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Plans, implements, or administers health programs or standards in hospital, business, or community for information, prevention, or treatment of injury or illness.
- Analyzes records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Explains procedures and discusses test results on prescribed treatments with patents.
- Operates on patients to remove, repair, or improve functioning of diseased or injured body parts and systems and delivers babies.
- Collects, records, and maintains patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Prescribes or administers treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.