DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-9031 Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
Occupational Description:Welcome patrons, seat them at tables or in lounge, and help ensure quality of facilities and service.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|Mankato-North Mankato, MN MetroSA||N/A||N/A||$9.10/hr||$0.48/hr||$7.69/hr||$8.06/hr||$8.67/hr||$9.28/hr||$11.43/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria||220||$11.99/hr||N/A|
|Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks||80||$8.55/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers||50||$19.05/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Greets and escorts guests to tables, and provides menus.
- Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness.
- Requisitions table linens and other supplies for tables and serving stations.
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special service for diners.
- Adjusts complaints of patrons.
- Assigns work tasks and coordinates activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons.