DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
25-9041 Teacher Assistants
Occupational Description:Perform duties that are instructional in nature or deliver direct services to students or parents. Serve in a position for which a teacher has ultimate responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services. Excludes “Graduate Teaching Assistants” (25-1191).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 1 - Northwest||600||41||$25,209/yr||$1,316/yr||$17,694/yr||$20,329/yr||$24,572/yr||$29,468/yr||$34,568/yr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
Tasks for Teacher Assistants
- Presents subject matter to students, using lecture, discussion, or supervised role playing methods.
- Helps students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Plans, prepares, and develops various teaching aids, such as bibliographies, charts, and graphs.
- Prepares, administers, and grades examinations.
- Confers with parents on progress of students.
- Discusses assigned teaching area with classroom teacher to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Prepares lesson outline and plan in assigned area and submits outline to teacher for review.