DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-3021 Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
Occupational Description:Perform duties which combine preparing and serving food and nonalcoholic beverages.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 1 - Northwest||560||29||$9.23/hr||$0.43/hr||$7.73/hr||$8.13/hr||$8.80/hr||$9.48/hr||$11.72/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Waiters and Waitresses||490||$8.53/hr||N/A|
|Food Preparation Workers||210||$10.95/hr||N/A|
|Food Servers, Nonrestaurant||140||$9.75/hr||N/A|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||110||$8.80/hr||N/A|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||60||$8.72/hr||N/A|
|Cooks, Short Order||50||$8.73/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||50||$9.71/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Selects food items from serving or storage areas and places food and beverage items on serving tray or in takeout bag.
- Cooks or re-heats food items, such as french fries.
- Receives payment.
- Notifies kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Requests and records customer order and computes bill.
- Makes and serves hot and cold beverages or desserts.