DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-3022 Bus Drivers, School
Occupational Description:Transport students or special clients, such as the elderly or persons with disabilities. Ensure adherence to safety rules. May assist passengers in boarding or exiting.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 1 - Northwest||290||61||$11.84/hr||$0.59/hr||$8.23/hr||$9.19/hr||$11.38/hr||$13.86/hr||$16.58/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Truck Drivers, Heavy and Tractor-Trailer||720||$16.21/hr||N/A|
|Truck Drivers, Light or Delivery Services||130||$12.26/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Bus Drivers, School
- Drives bus to transport pupils over specified routes.
- Reports delays or accidents.
- Inspects bus and checks gas, oil, and water levels.
- Makes minor repairs to bus.
- Regulates heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
- Complies with local traffic regulations.
- Maintains order among pupils during trip.