DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
11-9021 Construction Managers
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. Includes managers in specialized construction fields, such as carpentry or plumbing.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 2 - Headwaters||20||8||$39.42/hr||$1.03/hr||$30.78/hr||$34.26/hr||$39.54/hr||$44.55/hr||$50.88/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||70||$27.68/hr||N/A|
|Construction and Building Inspectors||20||$26.45/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Construction Managers
- Plans, organizes, and directs activities concerned with construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Investigates reports of damage at construction sites to ensure proper procedures are being carried out.
- Dispatches workers to construction sites to work on specified project.
- Formulates reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, and scheduling.
- Studies job specifications to plan and approve construction of project.
- Directs and supervises workers on construction site to ensure project meets specifications.
- Contracts workers to perform construction work in accordance with specifications.
- Interprets and explains plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Requisitions supplies and materials to complete construction project.
- Inspects and reviews construction work, repair projects, and reports to ensure work conforms to specifications.
- Confers with supervisory personnel to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.