DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
33-1012 First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Police and Detectives
Occupational Description:Directly supervise and coordinate activities of members of police force.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 2 - Headwaters||30||5||$29.35/hr||$1.15/hr||$21.49/hr||$24.86/hr||$30.07/hr||$33.94/hr||$36.25/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Food Service Managers||40||$21.89/hr||N/A|
Tasks for First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Police and Detectives
- Prepares work schedules, assigns duties, and develops and revises departmental procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates investigation of criminal cases.
- Disciplines staff for violation of department rules and regulations.
- Monitors and evaluates job performance of subordinates.
- Investigates and resolves personnel problems within organization.
- Prepares reports and directs preparation, handling, and maintenance of departmental records.
- Prepares budgets and manages expenditures of department funds.
- Requisitions and issues department equipment and supplies.
- Reviews contents of written orders to ensure adherence to legal requirements.
- Directs release or transfer of prisoners.
- Meets with civic, educational, and community groups to develop community programs and events and addresses groups concerning law enforcement subjects.
- Conducts raids and orders detention of witnesses and suspects for questioning.
- Cooperates with court personnel and officials from other law enforcement agencies and testifies in court.
- Prepares news releases and responds to police correspondence.
- Inspects facilities, supplies, vehicles, and equipment to ensure conformance to standards.
- Trains staff.
- Investigates charges of misconduct against staff.
- Assists subordinates in performing job duties.
- Directs collection, preparation, and handling of evidence and personal property of prisoners.