DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
11-2021 Marketing Managers
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs, such as determining the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors, and identify potential customers. Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the firm's profits or share of the market while ensuring the firm's customers are satisfied. Oversee product development or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 3 - Arrowhead||70||19||$51.94/hr||$2.11/hr||$32.78/hr||$39.19/hr||$48.76/hr||$64.56/hr||$75.50/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Public Relations Specialists||110||$25.98/hr||N/A|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||100||$20.40/hr||N/A|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||10||$42.78/hr||N/A|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||N/A||$11.13/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Marketing Managers
- Develops marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment policy, nature or market, and cost and markup factors.
- Coordinates and publicizes marketing activities to promote products and services.
- Conducts economic and commercial surveys to identify potential markets for products and services.
- Confers with legal staff to resolve problems, such as copyright infringement and royalty sharing with outside producers and distributors.
- Prepares report of marketing activities.
- Compiles list describing product or service offerings and sets prices or fees.
- Selects products and accessories to be displayed at trade or special production shows.
- Advises business and other groups on local, national, and international factors affecting the buying and selling of products and services.
- Consults with buying personnel to gain advice regarding the types of products or services that are expected to be in demand.
- Coordinates promotional activities and shows to market products and services.
- Analyzes business developments and consults trade journals to monitor market trends and determine market opportunities for products.