DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
13-2021 Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate
Occupational Description:Appraise real property and estimate its fair value. May assess taxes in accordance with prescribed schedules.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 3 - Arrowhead||110||24||$26.55/hr||$1.25/hr||$18.80/hr||$21.81/hr||$26.14/hr||$29.22/hr||$35.68/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Customer Service Representatives||920||$15.11/hr||N/A|
|Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks||370||$13.57/hr||N/A|
|Compliance Officers, Except Agriculture, Construction, Health and Safety, and Transportation||180||$33.43/hr||N/A|
|Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators||150||$18.10/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate
- Appraises real and personal property, such as aircraft, marine craft, buildings, and land to determine fair value.
- Inspects property, considering factors such as market value, location, and building or replacement costs, to determine appraisal value.
- Writes and submits appraisal and tax reports for public record.
- Interprets property laws, formulates operational policies, and directs assessment office activities.
- Assesses and computes taxes according to prescribed tax tables and schedules.
- Considers such factors as depreciation, value comparison of similar property, and income potential, when computing final estimation of property value.
- Photographs interiors and exteriors of property to assist in estimating property value, to substantiate finding, and to complete appraisal report.
- Inspects property for construction, condition, and functional design and takes property measurements.
- Interviews persons familiar with property and immediate surroundings, such as contractors, home owners, and other realtors to obtain pertinent information.
- Searches public records for transactions, such as sales, leases, and assessments.
- Prepares written report, utilizing data collected, and submits report to corroborate value established.
- Considers location and trends or impending changes that could influence future value of property.