DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
25-9031 Instructional Coordinators
Occupational Description:Develop instructional material, coordinate educational content, and incorporate current technology in specialized fields that provide guidelines to educators and instructors for developing curricula and conducting courses. Includes educational consultants and specialists, and instructional material directors.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 3 - Arrowhead||80||10||$27.21/hr||$1.93/hr||$11.45/hr||$17.23/hr||$26.34/hr||$33.96/hr||$39.28/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||200||$25.75/hr||N/A|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||170||$86,966/yr||N/A|
Tasks for Instructional Coordinators
- Researches, evaluates, and prepares recommendations on curricula, instructional methods, and materials for school system.
- Develops tests, questionnaires, and procedures to measure effectiveness of curriculum and to determine if program objectives are being met.
- Orders or authorizes purchase of instructional materials, supplies, equipment, and visual aids designed to meet educational needs of students.
- Confers with educational committees and advisory groups to gather information on instructional methods and materials related to specific academic subjects.
- Observes, evaluates, and recommends changes in work of teaching staff to strengthen teaching skills in classroom.
- Advises teaching and administrative staff in assessment, curriculum development, management of student behavior, and use of materials and equipment.
- Inspects and authorizes repair of instructional equipment, such as musical instruments.
- Reviews student files and confers with educators, parents, and other concerned parties to decide student placement and provision of services.
- Addresses public audiences to explain and elicit support for program objectives.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of grant proposals, budgets, and program policies and goals.
- Interprets and enforces provisions of state education codes and rules and regulations of State Board of Education.
- Coordinates activities of workers engaged in cataloging, distributing, and maintaining educational materials and equipment in curriculum library and laboratory.
- Conducts or participates in workshops, committees, and conferences designed to promote intellectual, social, and physical welfare of students.
- Advises school officials on implementation of state and federal programs and procedures.
- Plans, conducts, and evaluates training programs and conferences for teachers to study new classroom procedures, instructional materials, and teaching aids.
- Confers with school officials, teachers and administrative staff to plan and develop curricula and establish guidelines for educational programs.
- Prepares or approves manuals, guidelines, and reports on state educational policies and practices for distribution to school districts.