DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-2015 Cooks, Short Order
Occupational Description:Prepare and cook to order a variety of foods that require only a short preparation time. May take orders from customers and serve patrons at counters or tables. Excludes "Fast Food Cooks" (35-2011).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 3 - Arrowhead||160||44||$9.32/hr||$0.33/hr||$7.75/hr||$8.27/hr||$9.14/hr||$10.57/hr||$11.59/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||3,440||$8.69/hr||N/A|
|Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||1,950||$9.44/hr||N/A|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||370||$8.71/hr||N/A|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||300||$8.65/hr||N/A|
|Food Servers, Nonrestaurant||260||$10.40/hr||N/A|
|Cooks, Fast Food||230||$8.63/hr||N/A|
|Butchers and Meat Cutters||160||$18.38/hr||N/A|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||N/A||$8.49/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Cooks, Short Order
- Takes order from customer and cooks foods requiring short preparation time, according to customer requirements.
- Completes order from steamtable and serves customer at table or counter.
- Cleans food preparation equipment, work area, and counter or tables.
- Carves meats, makes sandwiches, and brews coffee.
- Accepts payment and makes change, or writes charge slip.