DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
37-2012 Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
Occupational Description:Perform any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain private households or commercial establishments, such as hotels and hospitals, in a clean and orderly manner. Duties may include making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms and halls, and vacuuming.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 3 - Arrowhead||2,040||214||$10.29/hr||$0.34/hr||$7.86/hr||$8.44/hr||$9.41/hr||$11.97/hr||$14.38/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Cooks, Fast Food||460||$8.68/hr||N/A|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||230||$8.62/hr||N/A|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||210||$9.46/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaner.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Collects soiled linens for laundering, and receives and stores linen supplies in linen closet.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Polishes metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
- Prepares sample rooms for sales meetings.
- Cleans and removes debris from driveway and garage areas.
- Arranges decorations, apparatus, or furniture for banquets and social functions.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Washes beds and mattresses, and remakes beds after dismissal of hospital patients.
- Moves and arranges furniture, turns mattresses, hangs draperies, dusts venetian blinds, and polishes metalwork to ready hotel facilities for occupancy.
- Replenishes supplies, such as drinking glasses, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Cleans swimming pool with vacuum.
- Delivers television sets, ironing boards, baby cribs, and rollaway beds to guests rooms.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms and mops and powered scrubbing and waxing machines.