DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-4061 Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
Occupational Description:Determine eligibility of persons applying to receive assistance from government programs and agency resources, such as welfare, unemployment benefits, social security, and public housing.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 3 - Arrowhead||240||25||$20.60/hr||$0.76/hr||$14.75/hr||$17.25/hr||$20.73/hr||$23.81/hr||$27.28/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Customer Service Representatives||920||$15.11/hr||N/A|
|Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop||390||$8.51/hr||N/A|
|Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks||370||$13.57/hr||N/A|
|Employment, Recruitment, and Placement Specialists||320||$24.01/hr||N/A|
|Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan||310||$13.93/hr||N/A|
|Compliance Officers, Except Agriculture, Construction, Health and Safety, and Transportation||180||$33.43/hr||N/A|
|Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators||150||$18.10/hr||N/A|
|Bill and Account Collectors||130||$14.21/hr||N/A|
|Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists||130||$30.08/hr||N/A|
|Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate||110||$26.14/hr||N/A|
|Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers||10||$17.69/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- Interviews claimants returning at specified intervals to certify claimants for continuing benefits.
- Reviews data on job application or claim forms to ensure completeness.
- Assists applicants completing application forms for job referrals or unemployment compensation claims.
- Answers questions concerning registration for jobs or application for unemployment benefits.
- Assists applicants in filling out forms, using knowledge of information required or native language of applicant.
- Schedules unemployment insurance claimants for adjudication interview when question of eligibility arises.
- Refers applicants to job opening or interview with other staff, in accordance with administrative guidelines or office procedure.
- Interviews and investigates applicants for public assistance to gather information pertinent to their application.
- Initiates procedures to grant, modify, deny or terminate eligibility and grants for various assistance programs.
- Authorizes amounts of grants, money payments, food stamps, medical care, or other general assistance.
- Computes public housing rent in proportion to eligible tenant's income.
- Conducts annual, interim, and special housing reviews and home visits to ensure conformance to regulations.
- Reviews training approval forms and payment vouchers for completeness and accuracy.
- Receives and records security deposits and advance rents from selected tenants.
- Interprets and explains rules and regulations governing eligibility and grants, payment methods, and applicant's legal rights.
- Explains eligibility requirements, form completion requirements, community resources for financial assistance, housing opportunities, and tenant selection methods.
- Prepares and assists applicants in completion of routine intake and personnel forms.
- Prepares regular and special reports, keeps records of assigned cases, and submits individual recommendations.
- Selects and refers eligible applicants to public assistance or public housing agencies.
- Records and evaluates personal and financial data to determine initial or continuing eligibility.