DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-4141 New Accounts Clerks
Occupational Description:Interview persons desiring to open accounts in financial institutions. Explain account services available to prospective customers and assist them in preparing applications.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 3 - Arrowhead||60||13||$16.75/hr||$0.62/hr||$12.92/hr||$14.29/hr||$16.44/hr||$18.40/hr||$21.62/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Receptionists and Information Clerks||860||$13.34/hr||N/A|
|Billing and Posting Clerks and Machine Operators||670||$15.08/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||370||$9.38/hr||N/A|
|Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks||370||$13.57/hr||N/A|
|Court, Municipal, and License Clerks||150||$21.75/hr||N/A|
|Loan Interviewers and Clerks||70||$17.16/hr||N/A|
Tasks for New Accounts Clerks
- Interviews customer to obtain information needed to open account or rent safe-deposit box.
- Assists customer in completing application forms for loans, accounts, or safe-deposit boxes, using typewriter or computer, and obtains signature.
- Answers customer questions, and explains available services, such as deposit accounts, bonds, and securities.
- Collects and records fees and funds for deposit from customer, and issues receipt, using computer.
- Enters account information in computer, and files forms or other documents.
- Schedules repairs for locks on safe-deposit box.
- Obtains credit records from reporting agency.
- Executes wire transfers of funds.
- Investigates and corrects errors upon customer request, according to customer and bank records, using calculator or computer.
- Issues initial and replacement safe-deposit key to customer, and admits customer to vault.