DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-5111 Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping
Occupational Description:Weigh, measure, and check materials, supplies, and equipment for the purpose of keeping relevant records. Duties are primarily clerical by nature. Includes workers who collect and keep record of samples of products or materials. Excludes "Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers" (51-9061).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 3 - Arrowhead||40||7||$14.81/hr||$1.65/hr||$8.19/hr||$9.05/hr||$12.01/hr||$20.40/hr||$26.37/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Office Clerks, General||3,730||$12.68/hr||N/A|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||1,760||$9.87/hr||N/A|
|Shipping, Receiving, and Traffic Clerks||440||$14.25/hr||N/A|
|Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service||60||$9.53/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping
- Unloads or unpacks incoming shipments or arranges, packs, or prepares materials and products for display, distribution, outgoing shipment, or storage.
- Transports materials, products, or samples to processing, shipping, or storage areas, manually or by using conveyors, pumps, or handtrucks.
- Removes products or loads not meeting quality standards from stock, and notifies supervisor or appropriate department of discrepancy or shortage.
- Collects fees and issues receipts for payments.
- Communicates with customers and vendors to exchange information regarding products, materials, and services.
- Works with, signals, or instructs other workers to weigh, move, or check products.
- Operates or tends machines to clean or sanitize equipment, or manually washes equipment, using detergent, brushes, and hoses.
- Examines blueprints and prepares plans, layouts, or drawings of facility or finished products to identify storage locations or verify parts assemblies.
- Weighs or measures materials or products, using volume meters, scales, rules, and calipers.
- Collects, prepares, or attaches measurement, weight, or identification labels or tickets to products.
- Computes product totals and charges for shipments, using calculator.
- Compares product labels, tags, or tickets; shipping manifests; purchase orders; and bills of lading to verify that the contents, quantity, or weight of shipments is accurate.
- Fills orders for products and samples, following order tickets, and forwards or mails items.
- Collects and prepares product samples for laboratory analysis or testing.
- Maintains perpetual inventory of samples and replenishes stock to maintain required levels.
- Sorts products or materials into predetermined sequence or groupings for packing, shipping, or storage.
- Prepares measurement tables and conversion charts, using standard formulae.
- Examines products or materials, parts, and subassemblies for damage, defects, or shortages, using specification sheets, gauges, and standards charts.
- Documents quantity, quality, type, weight, and value of materials or products to maintain shipping, receiving, and production records and files.
- Counts or estimates quantities of materials, parts, or products received or shipped.