DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
49-2096 Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles
Occupational Description:Install, diagnose, or repair communications, sound, security, or navigation equipment in motor vehicles.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 3 - Arrowhead||20||9||$14.15/hr||$0.37/hr||$10.01/hr||$10.58/hr||$11.57/hr||$13.99/hr||$26.77/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers||30||N/A||N/A|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||30||$29.92/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective wiring and relays in ignition, lighting, air-conditioning, and safety control systems, using electrician's tools.
- Estimates cost of repairs based on parts and labor charges.
- Confers with customer to determine nature of malfunction.
- Cuts openings and drills holes for fixtures, outlet boxes, and fuse holders, using electric drill and router.
- Installs electrical equipment, such as air-conditioning, heating, or ignition systems, generator brushes, and commutators, using hand tools.
- Installs fixtures, outlets, terminal boards, switches, and wall boxes, using hand tools.
- Measures, cuts, and installs framework and conduit to support and connect wiring, control panels, and junction boxes, using hand tools.
- Visually inspects and tests electrical system or equipment, using testing devices such as oscilloscope, voltmeter, and ammeter, to determine malfunctions.
- Splices wires with knife or cutting pliers, and solders connections to fixtures, outlets, and equipment.
- Repairs or rebuilds starters, generators, distributors, or door controls, using electrician's tools.