DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-1012 First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
Occupational Description:Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 4 - West Central||540||19||$13.88/hr||$0.86/hr||$8.97/hr||$10.24/hr||$12.07/hr||$16.81/hr||$22.15/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Food Service Managers||160||$19.96/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Personal Service Workers||130||$13.79/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers||130||$17.38/hr||N/A|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||50||$11.22/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers||40||$20.12/hr||N/A|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||30||$24.04/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers||10||$23.13/hr||N/A|
Tasks for First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food and other related duties.
- Observes and evaluates workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees, following work requirements.
- Collaborates with specified personnel to plan menus, serving arrangements, and other related details.
- Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas, to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Specifies food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and work station and equipment arrangements.
- Schedules parties and reservations, and greets and escorts guests to seating arrangements.
- Analyzes operational problems, such as theft and wastage, and establishes controls.
- Receives, issues, and takes inventory of supplies and equipment, and reports shortages to designated personnel.
- Initiates personnel actions, such as hires and discharges, to ensure proper staffing.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding food service.
- Purchases or requisitions supplies and equipment to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Records production and operational data on specified forms.
- Recommends measures to improve work procedures and worker performance to increase quality of services and job safety.
- Trains workers in proper food preparation and service procedures.