DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
41-9022 Real Estate Sales Agents
Occupational Description:Rent, buy, or sell property for clients. Perform duties, such as study property listings, interview prospective clients, accompany clients to property site, discuss conditions of sale, and draw up real estate contracts. Includes agents who represent buyer.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 4 - West Central||20||6||$16.85/hr||$4.22/hr||$8.26/hr||$9.01/hr||$14.89/hr||$24.25/hr||$27.71/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Insurance Sales Agents||70||$20.32/hr||N/A|
|Advertising Sales Agents||60||$18.76/hr||N/A|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products||10||$17.25/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Real Estate Sales Agents
- Displays and explains features of property to client and discusses conditions of sale or terms of lease.
- Prepares real estate contracts, such as closing statements, deeds, leases, and mortgages, and negotiates loans on property.
- Oversees signing of real estate documents, disburses funds, and coordinates closing activities.
- Locates and appraises undeveloped areas for building sites, based on evaluation of area market conditions.
- Collects rental deposit.
- Conducts seminars and training sessions for sales agents to improve sales techniques.
- Contacts utility companies for service hookup to client's property.
- Secures construction financing with own firm or mortgage company.
- Inspects condition of premises and arranges for or notifies owner of necessary maintenance.
- Reviews trade journals and relevant literature and attends staff and association meetings to remain knowledgeable about real estate market.
- Searches public records to ascertain that client has clear title to property.
- Investigates client's financial and credit status to determine eligibility for financing.
- Plans and organizes sales promotion programs and materials, including newspaper advertisements and real estate promotional booklets.
- Appraises client's unimproved property to determine loan value.
- Reviews plans and recommends to client construction features, and enumerates options on new home sales.
- Solicits and compiles listings of available rental property.
- Answers client's questions regarding work under construction, financing, maintenance, repairs, and appraisals.
- Interviews prospective tenants and records information to ascertain needs and qualifications.