DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-3051 Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
Occupational Description:Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees' time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks. Excludes “Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks” (43-3031).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 4 - West Central||130||11||$16.73/hr||$0.59/hr||$9.76/hr||$13.35/hr||$17.19/hr||$20.63/hr||$22.73/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Billing and Posting Clerks and Machine Operators||270||$16.79/hr||N/A|
|Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service||20||$13.29/hr||N/A|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||N/A||$9.88/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Compiles employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Reviews time sheets, work charts, timecards, and union agreements for completeness and to determine payroll factors and pay rates.
- Compares wage computations, logs, and time sheets to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Records employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, leave pay, and insurance coverage to maintain and update payroll records.
- Processes and issues paychecks to employees.
- Compiles and submits payroll status and other reports to designated departments.
- Calculates or computes wages and deductions and enters data into computer.
- Verifies attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments and posts information onto designated records.