DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-5061 Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks
Occupational Description:Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems. Excludes "Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping" (43-5111).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 4 - West Central||N/A||N/A||$16.83/hr||$0.95/hr||$9.07/hr||$12.13/hr||$17.17/hr||$21.06/hr||$23.59/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Executive Secretaries and Administrative Assistants||390||$20.33/hr||N/A|
|Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping||20||$17.20/hr||N/A|
|Shipping, Receiving, and Traffic Clerks||N/A||$14.87/hr||N/A|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||N/A||$9.88/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks
- Reviews documents, such as production schedules, staffing tables, and specifications to obtain information, such as materials, priorities, and personnel requirements.
- Confers with establishment personnel, vendors, and customers to coordinate processing and shipping, and to resolve complaints.
- Completes status reports, such as production progress, customer information, and materials inventory.
- Compiles schedules and orders, such as personnel assignments, production, work flow, transportation, and maintenance and repair.
- Monitors work progress, provides services, such as furnishing permits, tickets, and union information, and directs workers to expedite work flow.
- Examines documents, materials, and products, and monitors work processes for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Calculates figures, such as labor and materials amounts, manufacturing costs, and wages, using pricing schedules, adding machine, or calculator.
- Maintains files, such as maintenance records, bills of lading, and cost reports.
- Requisitions and maintains inventory of materials and supplies to meet production demands.
- Arranges for delivery and distributes supplies and parts to expedite flow of materials to meet production schedules.