DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
11-3061 Purchasing Managers
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of buyers, purchasing officers, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services. Includes wholesale or retail trade merchandising managers and procurement managers.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 5 - North Central||20||1||$36.54/hr||$1.14/hr||$30.44/hr||$32.47/hr||$35.81/hr||$40.93/hr||$45.36/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Office and Administrative Support Workers||480||$20.94/hr||N/A|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||70||$24.85/hr||N/A|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||30||$14.99/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Purchasing Managers
- Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Develops and implements office, operations, and systems instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts inventory and directs buyers in purchase of products, materials, and supplies.
- Determines merchandise costs and formulates and coordinates merchandising policies and activities to ensure profit.
- Represents company in formulating policies and negotiating contracts with suppliers.
- Prepares, reviews, and processes requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Analyzes market and delivery systems to determine present and future material availability.
- Prepares report regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.