DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
Occupational Description:Maintain order in courts of law.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 5 - North Central||10||1||$18.06/hr||$0.66/hr||$15.34/hr||$16.24/hr||$17.73/hr||$20.09/hr||$22.02/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Police and Sheriff's Patrol Officers||330||$22.45/hr||N/A|
|Correctional Officers and Jailers||90||$18.73/hr||N/A|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||30||$28.54/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Bailiffs
- Maintains order in courtroom during trial and guards jury from outside contact.
- Checks courtroom for security and cleanliness and assures availability of sundry supplies for use of judge.
- Provides jury escort to restaurant and other areas outside of courtroom to prevent jury contact with public.
- Reports need for police or medical assistance to sheriff's office.
- Guards lodging of sequestered jury.
- Enforces courtroom rules of behavior and warns persons not to smoke or disturb court procedure.
- Announces entrance of judge.
- Stops people from entering courtroom while judge charges jury.
- Collects and retains unauthorized firearms from persons entering courtroom