DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-2015 Cooks, Short Order
Occupational Description:Prepare and cook to order a variety of foods that require only a short preparation time. May take orders from customers and serve patrons at counters or tables. Excludes "Fast Food Cooks" (35-2011).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 5 - North Central||80||26||$8.97/hr||$0.49/hr||$7.72/hr||$8.14/hr||$8.84/hr||$9.68/hr||$11.46/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||1,050||$9.84/hr||N/A|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||670||$8.59/hr||N/A|
|Food Servers, Nonrestaurant||220||$10.43/hr||N/A|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||180||$8.71/hr||N/A|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||130||$8.97/hr||N/A|
|Butchers and Meat Cutters||80||$20.93/hr||N/A|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Tasks for Cooks, Short Order
- Takes order from customer and cooks foods requiring short preparation time, according to customer requirements.
- Completes order from steamtable and serves customer at table or counter.
- Cleans food preparation equipment, work area, and counter or tables.
- Carves meats, makes sandwiches, and brews coffee.
- Accepts payment and makes change, or writes charge slip.