DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-3021 Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
Occupational Description:Perform duties which combine preparing and serving food and nonalcoholic beverages.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 5 - North Central||670||63||$8.44/hr||$0.17/hr||$7.68/hr||$8.03/hr||$8.59/hr||$9.16/hr||$9.57/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Waiters and Waitresses||360||$8.67/hr||N/A|
|Food Preparation Workers||270||$9.52/hr||N/A|
|Food Servers, Nonrestaurant||220||$10.43/hr||N/A|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||180||$8.71/hr||N/A|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||130||$8.97/hr||N/A|
|Cooks, Short Order||80||$8.84/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||70||$9.45/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Selects food items from serving or storage areas and places food and beverage items on serving tray or in takeout bag.
- Cooks or re-heats food items, such as french fries.
- Receives payment.
- Notifies kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Requests and records customer order and computes bill.
- Makes and serves hot and cold beverages or desserts.