DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-3041 Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
Occupational Description:Serve food to individuals outside of a restaurant environment, such as in hotel rooms, hospital rooms, residential care facilities, or cars. Excludes "Door-to-Door Sales Workers, News and Street Vendors, and Related Workers" (41-9091) and "Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop" (35-3022).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 5 - North Central||220||49||$10.37/hr||$0.42/hr||$8.36/hr||$9.47/hr||$10.43/hr||$11.42/hr||$12.82/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||670||$8.59/hr||N/A|
|Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks||270||$9.37/hr||N/A|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||180||$8.71/hr||N/A|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||130||$8.97/hr||N/A|
|Cooks, Short Order||80||$8.84/hr||N/A|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Tasks for Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Prepares and delivers food trays.
- Examines filled tray for completeness.
- Takes order and relays order to kitchen or serving counter to be filled.
- Apportions and places food servings on plates and trays according to order or instructions.
- Carries silverware, linen, and food on tray or uses cart.
- Removes tray and stacks dishes for return to kitchen.
- Prepares food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages, and places items, such as eating utensils, napkins, and condiments, on trays.
- Records amount and types of special food items served to customers.
- Prepares fountain drinks, such as sodas, milkshakes, and malted milks.
- Washes dishes and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens; and sweeps service area with broom.
- Restocks service counter with items, such as ice, napkins, and straws.
- Totals and presents check to customer and accepts payment for service.
- Reads orders to determine items to place on food tray.
- Pushes carts to rooms and serves trays to patients or guests.