DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
39-1021 First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Personal Service Workers
Occupational Description:Directly supervise and coordinate activities of personal service workers, such as flight attendants, hairdressers, or caddies.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 5 - North Central||100||11||$13.83/hr||$0.79/hr||$8.26/hr||$9.48/hr||$11.51/hr||$16.78/hr||$23.65/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Office and Administrative Support Workers||480||$20.94/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers||120||$18.45/hr||N/A|
|Meeting and Convention Planners||60||$15.36/hr||N/A|
|Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop||60||$8.82/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers||40||$14.64/hr||N/A|
Tasks for First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Personal Service Workers
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in lodging and personal services.
- Trains workers in proper operational procedures and functions, and explains company policy.
- Collaborates with personnel to plan and develop programs of events, schedules of activities, and menus.
- Inspects work areas and operating equipment to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Informs workers about interests of specific groups.
- Requisitions supplies, equipment, and designated services, to ensure quality and timely service and efficient operations.
- Furnishes customers with information on events and activities.
- Analyzes and records personnel and operational data and writes activity reports.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding worker performance and services rendered.
- Assigns work schedules, following work requirements, to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Observes and evaluates workers' appearance and performance to ensure quality service and compliance with specifications.