DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-1011 First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Office and Administrative Support Workers
Occupational Description:Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of clerical and administrative support workers.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 6E- Southwest Central||250||10||$21.76/hr||$0.55/hr||$14.29/hr||$16.66/hr||$20.54/hr||$26.40/hr||$32.41/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||70||$34.52/hr||N/A|
|Administrative Services Managers||70||$32.88/hr||N/A|
|Social and Community Service Managers||60||$34.53/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators||60||$23.01/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers||50||$16.95/hr||N/A|
|Food Service Managers||50||$19.88/hr||N/A|
|Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers||30||$47.15/hr||N/A|
Tasks for First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Office and Administrative Support Workers
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in customer service activities.
- Plans, prepares, and devises work schedules, according to budgets and workloads.
- Trains and instructs employees.
- Hires and discharges workers.
- Issues instructions and assigns duties to workers.
- Observes and evaluates workers' performance.
- Communicates with other departments and management to resolve problems and expedite work.
- Helps workers in resolving problems and completing work.
- Interprets and communicates work procedures and company policies to staff.
- Requisitions or purchases supplies.
- Plans and develops improved procedures.
- Makes recommendations to management concerning staff and improvement of procedures.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits reports and records, such as budgets and operational and personnel reports.
- Reviews and checks work of subordinates such as reports, records, and applications for accuracy and content, and corrects errors.
- Resolves complaints and answers questions of customers regarding services and procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in clerical or administrative support activities.
- Evaluates subordinate job performance and conformance to regulations, and recommends appropriate personnel action.
- Plans, prepares, and revises work schedules and duty assignments according to budget allotments, customer needs, problems, work-loads, and statistical forecasts.
- Maintains records of such matters as inventory, personnel, orders, supplies, and machine maintenance.
- Examines procedures and recommends changes to save time, labor, and other costs and to improve quality control and operating efficiency.
- Participates in work of subordinates to facilitate productivity or overcome difficult aspects of work.
- Trains employees in work and safety procedures and company policies.
- Reviews records and reports pertaining to such activities as production, operation, pay roll, customer accounts, and shipping.
- Consults with supervisor and other personnel to resolve problems, such as equipment performance, output quality, and work schedules.
- Interviews, selects, and discharges employees.
- Verifies completeness and accuracy of subordinates' work, computations, and records.
- Requisitions supplies.
- Computes figures, such as balances, totals, and commissions.
- Analyzes financial activities of establishment or department and assists in planning budget.
- Inspects equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or outside service contractors for repairs.
- Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse, or other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors pertaining to items stored.
- Compiles reports and information required by management or governmental agencies.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies or errors.
- Oversees, coordinates, or performs activities associated with shipping, receiving, distribution, and transportation.