DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
53-3031 Driver/Sales Workers
Occupational Description:Drive truck or other vehicle over established routes or within an established territory and sell or deliver goods, such as food products, including restaurant take-out items, or pick up or deliver items such as commercial laundry. May also take orders, collect payment, or stock merchandise at point of delivery. Includes newspaper delivery drivers. Excludes "Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers" (49-9091) and "Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers" (53-3033).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 6E- Southwest Central||90||26||$13.70/hr||$1.68/hr||$7.99/hr||$8.78/hr||$11.95/hr||$18.31/hr||$22.26/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Insurance Sales Agents||130||$25.29/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||90||$9.28/hr||N/A|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products||60||$39.43/hr||N/A|
|Advertising Sales Agents||20||$19.56/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Driver/Sales Workers
- Drives truck to deliver such items as food, medical supplies, or newspapers.
- Sells food specialties, such as sandwiches and beverages, to office workers and patrons of sports events.
- Calls on prospective customers to explain company services and to solicit new business.
- Informs regular customers of new products or services and price changes.
- Writes customer order and sales contracts according to company guidelines.
- Reviews list of dealers, customers, or station drops and loads truck.
- Arranges merchandise and sales promotion displays or issues sales promotion materials to customers.
- Maintains truck and food-dispensing equipment and cleans inside of machines that dispense food or beverages.
- Listens to and resolves customers' complaints regarding product or services.
- Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
- Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer receipt.
- Collects coins from vending machines, refills machine, and removes aged merchandise.