DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-2015 Cooks, Short Order
Occupational Description:Prepare and cook to order a variety of foods that require only a short preparation time. May take orders from customers and serve patrons at counters or tables. Excludes "Fast Food Cooks" (35-2011).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7E- East Central||40||14||$9.01/hr||$0.60/hr||$7.74/hr||$8.13/hr||$8.76/hr||$9.42/hr||$12.50/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||1,170||$8.65/hr||N/A|
|Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||450||$9.72/hr||N/A|
|Cooks, Fast Food||130||$8.66/hr||N/A|
|Butchers and Meat Cutters||40||$15.74/hr||N/A|
|Food Servers, Nonrestaurant||N/A||$10.34/hr||N/A|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||N/A||$8.84/hr||N/A|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||N/A||$9.03/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Cooks, Short Order
- Takes order from customer and cooks foods requiring short preparation time, according to customer requirements.
- Completes order from steamtable and serves customer at table or counter.
- Cleans food preparation equipment, work area, and counter or tables.
- Carves meats, makes sandwiches, and brews coffee.
- Accepts payment and makes change, or writes charge slip.