DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-3022 Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
Occupational Description:Serve food to diners at counter or from a steam table. Counter attendants who also wait tables are included in "Waiters and Waitresses" (35-3031).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7E- East Central||N/A||N/A||$8.91/hr||$0.34/hr||$7.74/hr||$8.15/hr||$8.84/hr||$9.54/hr||$11.29/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||1,170||$8.65/hr||N/A|
|Cooks, Fast Food||130||$8.66/hr||N/A|
|Cooks, Short Order||40||$8.76/hr||N/A|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||N/A||$9.03/hr||N/A|
|Food Servers, Nonrestaurant||N/A||$10.34/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Serves food, beverages, or desserts to customers in variety of settings, such as take out counter of restaurant or lunchroom.
- Calls order to kitchen and picks up and serves order when it is ready.
- Replenishes foods at serving stations.
- Brews coffee and tea and fills containers with requested beverages.
- Accepts payment for food, using cash register or adding machine to total check.
- Carves meat.
- Scrubs and polishes counters, steamtables, and other equipment, and cleans glasses, dishes, and fountain equipment and polishes metalwork on fountain.
- Adds relishes and garnishes according to instructions.
- Orders items to replace stocks.
- Prepares sandwiches, salads, and other shortorder items.
- Wraps menu items, such as sandwiches, hot entrees, and desserts.
- Serves sandwiches, salads, beverages, desserts, and candies to employees in industrial establishment.
- Writes items ordered on tickets, totals orders, passes orders to cook, and gives ticket stubs to customers to identify filled orders.
- Serves salads, vegetables, meat, breads, and cocktails, ladles soups and sauces, portions desserts, and fills beverage cups and glasses.
- Prepares and serves soft drinks and ice cream dishes, such as sundaes, using memorized formulas and methods of following directions.