DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
37-3011 Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers
Occupational Description:Landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, sprinkler installation, and installation of mortarless segmental concrete masonry wall units. Excludes "Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse" (45-2092).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7E- East Central||180||58||$12.62/hr||$1.28/hr||$8.23/hr||$9.31/hr||$11.16/hr||$16.26/hr||$19.16/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||210||$12.59/hr||N/A|
|Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment||30||$11.02/hr||N/A|
|Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers||N/A||$21.18/hr||N/A|
|Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Pesticide Handlers, Sprayers, and Applicators, Vegetation||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Tasks for Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers
- Mows lawns, using power mower.
- Digs holes for plants, mixes fertilizer or lime with dirt in holes, inserts plants, and fills holes with dirt.
- Trims and picks flowers and cleans flower beds.
- Hauls or spreads topsoil, and spreads straw over seeded soil to hold soil in place.
- Decorates garden with stones and plants.
- Attaches wires from planted trees to support stakes.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Seeds and fertilizes lawns.
- Shovels snow from walks and driveways.
- Builds forms and mixes and pours cement to form garden borders.
- Applies herbicides, fungicides, fertilizers, and pesticides, using spreaders or spray equipment.
- Waters lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler system, hose, or watering can.