DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-4051 Customer Service Representatives
Occupational Description:Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. Excludes individuals whose duties are primarily installation, sales, or repair.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7E- East Central||420||90||$16.57/hr||$0.48/hr||$10.28/hr||$12.55/hr||$15.82/hr||$20.02/hr||$24.54/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||70||$23.48/hr||N/A|
|Bill and Account Collectors||70||$18.36/hr||N/A|
|Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs||60||$20.48/hr||N/A|
|Court, Municipal, and License Clerks||60||$19.93/hr||N/A|
|Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan||N/A||$16.11/hr||N/A|
|Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||N/A||$8.94/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Customer Service Representatives
- Reviews claims adjustments with dealer, examines parts claimed to be defective and approves or disapproves of dealer's claim.
- Notifies customer and designated personnel of findings and recommendations, such as exchanging merchandise or refunding money, or adjustment of bill.
- Examines weather conditions, number of days in billing period, and reviews meter accounts for errors which might explain high utility charges.
- Orders tests to detect product malfunction and determines if defect resulted from faulty construction.
- Trains dealers or service personnel in construction of products, service operations, and customer service.
- Compares merchandise with original requisition and information on invoice and prepares invoice for returned goods.
- Prepares reports showing volume, types, and disposition of claims handled.
- Writes work order.
- Confers with customer by phone or in person to receive orders for installation, turn-on, discontinuance, or change in service.
- Completes contract forms, prepares change of address records, and issues discontinuance orders, using computer.
- Determines charges for service requested and collects deposits.
- Solicits sale of new or additional utility services.
- Resolves billing or service complaints and refers grievances to designated departments for investigation.