DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
11-9111 Medical and Health Services Managers
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate medical and health services in hospitals, clinics, managed care organizations, public health agencies, or similar organizations.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7W- Central||260||27||$49.15/hr||$2.67/hr||$27.53/hr||$36.07/hr||$45.87/hr||$59.88/hr||$74.20/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Office and Administrative Support Workers||1,440||$20.26/hr||N/A|
|Administrative Services Managers||270||$33.53/hr||N/A|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||220||$98,650/yr||N/A|
Tasks for Medical and Health Services Managers
- Administers fiscal operations, such as planning budgets, authorizing expenditures and coordinating financial reporting.
- Develops or expands medical programs or health services for research, rehabilitation, and community health promotion.
- Implements and administers programs and services for health care or medical facility.
- Prepares activity reports to inform management of the status and implementation plans of programs, services, and quality initiatives.
- Reviews and analyzes facility activities and data to aid planning and cash and risk management and to improve service utilization.
- Recruits, hires, and evaluates the performance of medical staff and auxiliary personnel.
- Develops and maintains computerized records management system to store or process personnel, activity, or personnel data.
- Inspects facilities for emergency readiness and compliance of access, safety, and sanitation regulations and recommends building or equipment modifications.
- Develops instructional materials and conducts in-service and community-based educational programs.
- Consults with medical, business, and community groups to discuss service problems, coordinate activities and plans, and promote health programs.
- Establishes work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
- Develops organizational policies and procedures and establishes evaluative or operational criteria for facility or medical unit.
- Directs and coordinates activities of medical, nursing, technical, clerical, service, and maintenance personnel of health care facility or mobile unit.