DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
13-2031 Budget Analysts
Occupational Description:Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. Analyze budgeting and accounting reports.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7W- Central||50||4||$26.10/hr||$1.89/hr||$19.19/hr||$20.63/hr||$23.04/hr||$29.02/hr||$38.62/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Accountants and Auditors||860||$27.90/hr||N/A|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||370||$24.15/hr||N/A|
|Administrative Services Managers||270||$33.53/hr||N/A|
|Operations Research Analysts||20||$36.46/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Budget Analysts
- Analyzes accounting records to determine financial resources required to implement program and submits recommendations for budget allocations.
- Recommends approval or disapproval of requests for funds.
- Correlates appropriations for specific programs with appropriations for divisional programs and includes items for emergency funds.
- Consults with unit heads to ensure adjustments are made in accordance with program changes to facilitate long-term planning.
- Testifies regarding proposed budgets before examining and fund-granting authorities to clarify reports and gain support for estimated budget needs.
- Directs compilation of data based on statistical studies and analyses of past and current years to prepare budgets.
- Directs preparation of regular and special budget reports to interpret budget directives and to establish policies for carrying out directives.
- Advises staff on cost analysis and fiscal allocations.
- Analyzes costs in relation to services performed during previous fiscal years to prepare comparative analyses of operating programs.
- Reviews operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs.