DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
41-1012 First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Non-Retail Sales Workers
Occupational Description:Directly supervise and coordinate activities of sales workers other than retail sales workers. May perform duties, such as budgeting, accounting, and personnel work, in addition to supervisory duties.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7W- Central||230||29||$29.26/hr||$1.75/hr||$13.13/hr||$18.33/hr||$27.38/hr||$37.01/hr||$45.56/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Food Service Managers||340||$18.69/hr||N/A|
|Employment, Recruitment, and Placement Specialists||330||$23.85/hr||N/A|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||250||$20.29/hr||N/A|
Tasks for First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Directs and supervises employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or performing specific service such as pumping gasoline for customers.
- Confers with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business.
- Assists sales staff in completing complicated and difficult sales.
- Keeps records pertaining to purchases, sales, and requisitions.
- Formulates pricing policies on merchandise according to requirements for profitability of store operations.
- Prepares rental or lease agreement, specifying charges and payment procedures, for use of machinery, tools, or other such items.
- Inventories stock and reorders when inventories drop to specified level.
- Examines products purchased for resale or received for storage to determine condition of product or item.
- Examines merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced, displayed or functions as advertised.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, product, or personnel.
- Prepares sales and inventory reports for management and budget departments.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares merchandise displays and advertising copy.
- Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties.
- Hires, trains, and evaluates personnel in sales or marketing establishment.