DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
41-3021 Insurance Sales Agents
Occupational Description:Sell life, property, casualty, health, automotive, or other types of insurance. May refer clients to independent brokers, work as an independent broker, or be employed by an insurance company.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7W- Central||N/A||123||$24.48/hr||$3.80/hr||$10.80/hr||$13.24/hr||$24.02/hr||$33.00/hr||$37.30/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Advertising Sales Agents||140||$19.77/hr||N/A|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products||40||$39.85/hr||N/A|
|Real Estate Sales Agents||N/A||$17.69/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Insurance Sales Agents
- Advises clients of broker (independent agent) in selecting casualty, life, or property insurance.
- Discusses advantages and disadvantages of various policies.
- Selects company that offers type of coverage requested by client to underwrite policy.
- Contacts underwriter and submits forms to obtain binder coverage.
- Plans and oversees incorporation of insurance program into bookkeeping system of company.
- Installs bookkeeping systems and resolves system problems.
- Establishes client's method of payment.
- Explains necessary bookkeeping requirements for customer to implement and provide group insurance program.
- Explains group insurance programs to promote sale of insurance plan.
- Calls on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to suggest additions or changes in insurance program, or to change beneficiaries.