DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-3061 Procurement Clerks
Occupational Description:Compile information and records to draw up purchase orders for procurement of materials and services.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7W- Central||70||11||$17.45/hr||$0.52/hr||$12.96/hr||$14.92/hr||$17.31/hr||$19.94/hr||$22.71/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Office Clerks, General||3,140||$14.04/hr||N/A|
|Court, Municipal, and License Clerks||130||$19.31/hr||N/A|
|Library Assistants, Clerical||130||$13.88/hr||N/A|
|Credit Authorizers, Checkers, and Clerks||70||$13.41/hr||N/A|
|Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks||10||$17.84/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Procurement Clerks
- Verifies terminology and specifications of purchase requests.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Approves bills for payment.
- Determines if material is on hand in sufficient quantity.
- Types or writes purchase order and sends copy to supplier and department originating request.
- Computes total cost of items purchased, using calculator.
- Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates, and awards contract to supplier with best bid.
- Types or writes invitation-of-bid forms and mails forms to supplier firms or distributes forms for public posting.
- Compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments.
- Reads catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.