DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-5021 Couriers and Messengers
Occupational Description:Pick up and deliver messages, documents, packages, and other items between offices or departments within an establishment or directly to other business concerns, traveling by foot, bicycle, motorcycle, automobile, or public conveyance. Excludes "Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers" (53-3033).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7W- Central||30||6||$12.05/hr||$0.52/hr||$8.54/hr||$9.89/hr||$12.36/hr||$13.97/hr||$14.95/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Food Servers, Nonrestaurant||490||$9.00/hr||N/A|
|Postal Service Mail Carriers||410||$24.14/hr||N/A|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||170||$8.65/hr||N/A|
|Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service||80||$13.97/hr||N/A|
|Parking Lot Attendants||40||$9.20/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Couriers and Messengers
- Delivers messages and items, such as documents, packages, and food, between establishment departments, and to other establishments and private homes.
- Records information, such as items received and delivered, and recipient's replies to message.
- Monitors fluid levels and replenishes fuel to maintain delivery vehicle.
- Obtains signature, receipt, or payment from recipient for articles delivered.
- Calls by telephone to deliver verbal messages.
- Receives message or materials to be delivered, and information on recipient, such as name, address, and telephone number.
- Walks, rides bicycle, drives vehicle, or uses public conveyance to reach destination to deliver message or materials, in person.